Thursday, November 1, 2018

Cherry Gold Thank You

Mornin' kids!  How did your Halloween go last night?  Didja have lots of trick-or-treaters?  I thought we were going to get a lot more than we did, so I have a YOOOJ bucket o' candy left over.

Now that Halloween is over, I'm ready to focus on some fall cards!  How about you?


Okay, this has a leaf on it, but it still reads a bit Christmasy to me.  I started with the photo inspiration from Just Us Girls:


Isn't that gorgeous?  I went with Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White for the two main colors, with a healthy dose of Early Espresso woodgrain (like the frame on the mirror in the photo).  I imagine the fancy linen napkins have a pretty print on them like the Cherry Cobbler patterned paper from Dashing Along, which was a promotion a month or two ago and this is the first time I've cut into it.

Anywha, I also used this week's sketch from Global Design Project:



I see other card artistes do a swirl of metallic thread behind other elements on their cards so I gave it a shot.  I don't have the gold metallic thread, but I do have some 1mm gold cord from years ago from SU!, so I used that and I don't think I'm going to do it again in a hurry.  It was a pain getting it to go kinda where I wanted it to and I don't think the cord looks as good as the thread.  Harrumph.

I'll be entering this over at Inspire. Create as well:


I used the brand new just arrived at my house stamp set A Big Thank You, which was part of the SU! birthday sale last week (boy, that shipment got here faster than I expected it to!).  And that "thanks" is the only bit of stamping on this whole card.

Here's a picture of my little one dressed up for Halloween yesterday, I think he's the cutest little wolf ever:


Hope you have a great day, peeps!  My little wolf cub has been under the weather all week so I'm hoping he'll be feeling better today (and being a little nicer to Mama, too).  Cheers!


Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  A Big Thank You
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, gold foil, Dashing Along & Country Lane DSP
Accessories:  Tailored Tag punch, gold cord, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Tanya said...

He is adorable!
I can see the Christmasyness of the card but it works well for fall too.

Denita Wright-Smee said...

A lot of impact with your creation, and it's the Gold Foil leave and twine that makes it amazing. Thankyou for joining in with our Inspire.Create.Stamping Challenges 'Thankful' Challenge #030. Denita x