Friday, March 8, 2024

Papaya Herbal Tea

Happy Friday, y'all!  And today is extra happy, we're picking up the hubs at the airport this morning and we haven't seen him since Christmas.  And we get him for a whole week!  All of us are ready for this deployment to be over, but at least we're over 2/3 there now.

Anyway, here's my card for today:


I won't lie, I was initially stumped when I saw the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, but then I had the idea to break out my retired Watercolor Shapes stamp set and sponge ink on the circle to make a more CAS background for my card.  Everything else just kinda followed from there.  Here's the sketch:


And I used this week's Color Throwdown:


I used Pale Papaya, Soft Succulent, and Very Vanilla for my colors, though looking at this again I kinda wish I'd gone with Petal Pink.  Well, the Pale Papaya works fine, even if it's a bit more orange than the inspo pic.

Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Everyday Details, Notes of Nature, Watercolor Shapes
Ink:  Pale Papaya, Pecan Pie, Soft Succulent, Stampin' Blends in Pale Papaya, Soft Succulent, Ivory
Paper:  Thick Basic Vanilla
Accessories:  Dimensionals, In Color Rhinestones

8 comments:

_chevron2 said...

lovely card!!

Tanya said...

This card is gorgeous!! I love the watercolory circles and the flowery tea cup, with the pretty colors! Some of my favorites!
Yeay for family time!!!

Jen Timko said...

This is so pretty. Love how you used the background circles and your pretty image. Very happy to hear that you get some time with your husband. Thank you all for your sacrifice and service! Glad, as always, to see you at FMS this week.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Christy this card is a triumph! I love those watercoloured circles (they put my diecuts to shame!) This card is just perfect for the sketch and colours too.

Amy O said...

This is lovely! I love how you've treated the semi-circles. I hope you're having a fabulous time with your hubby!

Broni said...

Such a pretty delicate design, Christy! So glad to hear you have your hubby back for a little while! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Color Throwdown!

Jen Brum said...

I hope the visit with your husband is going so well! I can't even imagine how excited you all must be! Your card is beautiful! Those colours are so pretty and I love that tea cup! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cécile RIBON said...

Such a delightful design! I love this floral cup of tea! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.