Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Timid Timmy Turtle

Mornin' y'all!  How's your day going?  I think I have finally figured out a way to get my kid to brush his teeth without us getting into a fight about it every morning and evening--I told him if I had to tell him to do it more than 3 times, he loses his iPad for 24 hours.  And he did it no problem this morning, woo!  This has been a twice-daily battle for a long time so I'm happy about that.

Anyway, I do have a card to share today.


I had just completed yesterday's rainy day fox card when I saw the colors at CAS Colours & Sketches:


And they made me think of Timmy the Turtle, who doesn't get inked up as much as the bunny and the fox in the Playing in the Rain stamp set, so here he is today!  The bunny looks so happy to be playing in a puddle, the fox looks perfectly self-possessed with her raincoat and umbrella, and Timmy just looks...anxious.  Right?  Maybe he's nervous about being perched on that tree stump.  Anyway, I kept today's card CAS with just a masked deckled circle shape behind Timmy to give him a spotlight.  I used a light Crumb Cake blend for the bottom of his shell, and just layered different intensities of the Old Olive blends for the rest of him.

That's it for me today!  On Friday we're picking up the hubs at the airport and starting the drive to Colorado to look at houses...and last night I had a dream that the hubs got here and I wasn't even packed and he was grumpy because I wasn't ready and it for reals stressed me out a bit even when I woke up.  Bet my facial expression looked a bit like Timmy's here.  I am definitely packing up everything I can tomorrow afternoon so we're ready to rock on Friday morning.  Ha!

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Playing in the Rain
Ink:  Night of Navy, Azure Afternoon, Stampin' Blends in Crumb Cake & Old Olive, Crushed Curry marker (for the flower center)
Paper:  Balmy Blue, Crumb Cake, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Playing in the Rain dies

2 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I was so delighted to see this card in the CAS Colours & Sketches gallery Christy - the turtle is adorable and I love the blue sentiment and highlight behind. I agree with you on his expression - slightly bemused, slightly anxious - but he's definitely underused!! I almost used him on a Valentine's card but he didn't make the cut (although your card has given me an idea for one of my upcoming DT cards, so watch this space!) Thanks for playing at CC&S this week and wishing you happy travels!

Laura said...

Yes! That turtle is angsty and adorable! Beautifully coloured, too.
I don't know, maybe he's checking no one is looking as he fancies snacking on the flower!
Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours and Sketches