Saturday, March 2, 2024

Spring Gnome

Mornin' y'all!  Well, I get to have a relaxing day to myself--after Ryan and I had our monthly ice cream date yesterday (we have now completed 8 months of the hubs' 12-month deployment, woo!), I dropped him off to spend the weekend with his grandparents and then I went to the used book store because I know how to party.  So I slept in this morning and then worked a little more on the house-hunting thing, and I plan to spend the rest of the day working on some projects in my craft room.  And I'm going to enjoy it : )

Anyway, I do have a card to share today, take a look:


I brought back last year's Friendly Gnomes for this card and this is only the second time I've used the stamp set, oops.  Anyway, I had to do retro for the Retro Rubber Challenge:


I zeroed in on the "gnomes" space right away, so I went down the right side with patterned paper, a gnome, and floral--the flowers and stripes are actually one piece of patterned paper, just the two different sides.  Friendly Gnomes, as I mentioned, is a year old. I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:

And of course this week's Color Throwdown:


I went with three retired colors:  Merry Merlot, Rococo Rose, and Succulent Sage.  I like these colors together, might have to give them another go.

Anyway, I'm off to work on my wedding album.  I finished putting together all the pages with the pictures taken by the professional photographer; I think I'm going to add a bit of minimal journaling on a few pages and then I can put them in an album and it's done.  I do have a lot of pictures that we took on our own cameras, so those will be going into a separate album and will be my next project.  At least I'm finally making progress!

Cheers, y'all!  Enjoy your weekend.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Friendly Gnomes
Ink:  Merry Merlot, Stampin' Blends in Soft Succulent, Rococo Rose, Petal Pink, Cherry Cobbler, Pecan Pie
Paper:  Soft Succulent, Rococo Rose, Thick Basic White, Merry Merlot DSP
Accessories:  Gnomes dies, In Color dots

6 comments:

Heather said...

So fabulous, Christy - I love your coloring on the gnome so much! So nice to see Merry Merlot out, too, this color didn't get enough love IMO, lol. Enjoy your weekend - sounds perfect so far to me! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card! I love that sweet little gnome! So cute! I wish spring was everywhere...we got a huge dumping of snow today. Spring will be another few weeks or months for us! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kim S said...

I am totally with you on a party being defined as a used book store!! I love that fun image and so eye-catching the rich color scheme. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! What a super fun card! That spring gnome is juste so cute. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

Claire Grantham said...

Your weekend sounded like it was awesome. Love your cute gnome and the colour palette is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

creative lady said...

Adorable gnome, love your card. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.