Sunday, June 10, 2018

China: JC Mandarin (Shanghai)

It's China Sunday again!  So after we finished up at the gardens, it was teatime.


I've shared this layout before, and I still love it.  I should bust out the Pale Plum more often.  And everything I used on this layout is now retired.  (Doesn't mean I can't still use it for my scrapbooks, obviously!)

So here is today's new layout:


This is the only time I've ever used Rose Red as a page base, I'm not sure why.  I do really like the color but I think it was more fun to work with before they retired Regal Rose because those two paired so nicely.  And now they're both retired and can hang out by the pool together.  Anyway, this was our hotel in Shanghai and that foyer is pretty grand.  Missy always takes pictures of her hotel rooms so every China hotel layout is her pictures :). Of course usually there's only a couple of pictures, so it's kind of fun to do a layout every once in a while where I'm not trying to cram in as many pictures as I can possibly fit on two 12x12 sheets of cardstock.


Today's color palette is Rose Red, Bermuda Bay, Sahara Sand, So Saffron, Basic Gray, and Whisper White.  It's a LOT of color but I think I made it work?  And I should definitely try some Rose Red page bases again in the future.

Breakfast should be coming out of the oven in a few minutes, so cheers, y'all!  Have a great Sunday.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Hello Lovely
Ink:  So Saffron, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Rose Red, So Saffron, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Thoroughly Modern DSP
Accessories:  lettering template, square punch

No comments: