Friday, June 15, 2018

Main Squeeze

Happy Friday, y'all!

Guess what.

Today's card does NOT have an octopus on it.


But it has just occurred to me that an octopus with that sentiment would be pretty funny :D. Watch this space, I'm sure that's coming soon now that I've thought of it.

Meet this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Just Add Ink color challenge:


Greens and blues are my jam so I had to make something with these colors.  The limes are inked with Lemon Lime Twist (appropriate) and then I used a sponge dauber to sponge some Granny Apple Green around the edges, and then I painted the segments with Wink of Stella.  The background is just the wee splatter stamp from Magical Mermaid (sooo the mermaid is gorgeous but I think that splat is my favorite?) in Bermuda Bay, Granny Apple Green, and Pacific Point.  Lots of colors but it's not overwhelming because it's teeny splats, I like it.

That's it for me today.  As soon as I feed Ryan his breakfast, we're off to the Y...I've been every day this week, woo!  It's nice because I'm doing fitness classes again, and I can have Ryan in the daycare for up to two hours, so sometimes I'll do an hour-long class and then just read for a half hour while he plays and has fun and interacts with other kids (and adults, for that matter).  We've got him signed up for swim lessons next month too.

Cheers, y'all!  Have a great weekend!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lemon Zest, Magical Mermaid
Ink:  Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay, Granny Apple Green, Lemon Lime Twist
Paper:  Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Tailored Tag punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

LOOOVE this card. Love the colors and it is just so cute! And I like how the center is angled. Just cool on so many levels.

Can't wait to hear how Ryan takes to swimming lessons. I bet he'll do fantastic. I still remember mine when I was a little kid and Mom would watch from under a shaded seating area. She couldn't swim, but she wanted to make sure WE did.

Amy O said...

What a fun card! I love the multi-colored splatters. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

So so fun!! I love this take on the sketch (and watching for the octopus, of course). So glad to see you this week at FMS!

Nikki Spencer said...

That greeting just gave me a good chuckle Christy! Fabulous summery use of the Just Add Ink colours. Thanks for joining us this week.

Chantell Randall said...

Fun card and a great play on words. Really made me smile. Chantell Just Add Ink

Tina said...

LOL, totally agree about that sentiment and an octopus! Your card is so fun - I love the two toned effect of the limes. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Add Ink.