Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Dinos Know How To Party

Mornin' y'all and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  I'm excited to dress up with Ryan this evening to pass out candy.  He's still too little to contemplate giving him a gigundor pile of sugar, so we won't be trick-or-treating; I do have a really, REALLY gigundor pile of sugar for the kids who come to our house (I've heard there are lots of trick-or-treaters in this neighborhood).

Anyway, my honorary niece Leora has her birthday today, isn't that fun?  Back in September Leora and her mama called me and asked if I could make invitations for Leora's birthday party.  Leora wanted something with DINOSAURS and BATS and THE MOOOOOOON!!!  I asked what her favorite colors are and she said RAINBOOOOWWWWWW!!!

So what would you do with those guidelines?  I can show you what I did...


Dinosaurs?  Check.  Bats?  Check.  The MOOOOOON?  Check.  And even dinosaur bones because Halloween.  And also lots of colors and even some glitter because what 7-year-old girl doesn't love glitter.  It took a while to heat emboss the dinosaurs and the moon after I stamped the dino bones and the bats, but then the backgrounds were done super-quick by inking up a baby wipe with drops of ink refill and swiping across the glossy white cardstock.  Navy blue and teal for the sky, dark green for the ground.  I made 20 of these during naptime over the course of a few days.  Hope Leora liked them!

Ryan and I will shortly be heading to the gym as a way to keep my paws off the Halloween candy.  Ryan is too young to read the bags so he doesn't know what he's missing yet, hahahahahaaaa!  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  No Bones About It, Tiny Talk, Simply Circles, Wicked Cool
Ink:  Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody, Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy, Garden Green, Basic Black, Versamark
Paper:  Flirty Flamingo, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White, retired glimmer paper
Accessories:  circle punch, Decorative Label punch, clear EP, Dimensionals

No comments: