Thursday, April 14, 2022

Peachy Keen

Mornin', y'all!  You ready for a sweet little card today?


I bought the Sweet as a Peach bundle and I DON'T EVEN LIKE PEACHES, it was the DSP that sold me on this suite.  And now it's on the retiring list and I feel like I should have used it more.  Oh, I put Pale Papaya rhinestones in the centers of the stamped flowers and they did not photograph well, I promise they look better in person.  For the peach, I inked it up with Pale Papaya ink and then used a sponge dauber to add a bit of Calypso Coral, which gave me some nice color depth on the peach.  When I stamped the flowers, I inked them up with Calypso Coral and used that same sponge dauber to take off a bit of the ink so the images would stamp a little bit softer.

I thought that peach and the coordinating papers would be great for the Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch:


I even found a die with the same shape for the sentiment part :)  The Tasteful Labels dies are also on the retiring list, I don't even know if they're still available or if they're sold out.  I'm glad I've had them for a while.

And another plug for the SUO Challenges theme to use a favorite bundle:



Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sweet as a Peach
Ink:  Pale Papaya, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso, Balmy Blue
Paper:  Balmy Blue, Thick Basic White, You're a Peach DSP
Accessories:  Peach dies, Tasteful Labels dies, In Color rhinestones, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Heather said...

So pretty, Christy - I feel exactly the same way - the DSP is so gorgeous, and I so didn't use it enough! Perfect little flowers - love them! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Stampin by Genny said...

What a peachy combo! Great use of the DSP with the images. Love how you created depth to the peach with the sponge dauber. Thank you for sharing your lovely card withHand Stamped Sentiments.