Friday, April 15, 2022

Sympathy Butterflies

Mornin' y'all.  It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, and Ryan is home from daycare *again* (possible Covid exposure...again) so I'd better hurry up and write this post so we can go ride bikes : )

Unfortunately I have to send out a sympathy card today; my friend lost her mother this week.


I always hate making sympathy cards, but I do think this one turned out pretty.  I used the Simply Marbleous DSP from the most recent Sale-a-Bration for the card front (it's adhered on a Thick Basic White card base).  I like the marble patterns pretty well, but I really hate the silky ones on the other side so I will almost certainly never use those :p  They're so mid-90s, and not in a good way.

This week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Color Throwdown:


I thought these soft colors would be good for a sympathy card.  I stamped the butterflies with Basic Gray + Versamark and embossed with clear EP so I could watercolor them.  I tried doing Stampin' Blends markers and the colors were just too bold for what I was going for here.  I used Rococo Rose, Soft Succulent, Wisteria Wonder, and Misty Moonlight, plus Basic Gray for the butterflies.

Have a good weekend, peeps.  I'd better finalize plans with the Easter bunny....

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Butterfly Brilliance, Special Moments
Ink:  Versamark, Basic Gray, Misty Moonlight, Rococo Rose, Soft Succulent, Wisteria Wonder
Paper:  Thick Basic White, Misty Moonlight, Basic Gray, Simply Marbleous DSP Stack
Accessories:  clear EP, Brilliant Wings dies, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is so pretty - great background with those sweet butterflies! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Kim S said...

LOVE your trio of butterflies - it's just right for a sympathy card. (I'm with you on the Marbleous paper!!) Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.