Friday, April 8, 2022

Tropical Celebration

Happy Friday y'all!  I'm happy to say that I'm feeling much better than I was yesterday (perhaps yesterday's 3-hour nap contributed to me feeling better today?) and I spent some time in my craft room today playing with ink and paper.  And water.


I haven't dug out my watercolor paper in a looooong time but I did today!  I do have some green splotches on my hands now but it's all part of the process.  Bee tee dubs, if you're on the fence about the Artfully Layered bundle, just know that it is *not* carrying over to the new catalog, so buy it now ;)  Happy & Heartfelt too, for that matter--it's got great sentiments in a fun and casual font.  I also used the "We have to celebrate this!" on the inside of the card.

Anywha, I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And as per standard, I paired it with the Color Throwdown:


I used Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana, and gold foil paper for my colors, plus some white.  And now I have about 30 minutes to work on my current stitching project before I go to pick up the spawn.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Artfully Layered, Happy & Heartfelt
Ink:  Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana, Versamark
Paper:  Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana, Thick Basic White, Gold foil, watercolor paper
Accessories:  Tropical Layers dies, Stitched So Sweetly dies, corner rounder punch, white EP, Gold Glitter enamel dots, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Terrific colors and I love the watercolor background. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun card! Love the bright colours and that watercolour background! The gold foil is so pretty as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

This is splashy and fabulous! Love the background!

Lori said...

Great design! Love the mix of stamped and die cut elements. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the happy energy in this design! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Broni said...

Beautiful, Christy! I love those leaves!! Thank you for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!