Sunday, April 24, 2022

Paper Players: Sketch on the Side

Hey Paper Players friends!  You ready for a new challenge?


I must admit, Joanne's sketch was a challenge for me!  I had an idea for what I wanted to do and it just did NOT work for me, so I went back to the craft room after a day or two to try again.  Much happier with this attempt, maybe because I used one of my favorite recent stamp sets:


Yep, Artfully Layered for the win!  I've used this bundle several times for design team cards and I just can't stay away from it : )  I let the two Calypso Coral fronds in the background stand in for two of the squares on the sketch, with my Just Jade leaf as the third one.  There are LOTS of beautiful patterns in the Artfully Composed DSP, but I chose that Pale Papaya pattern because I knew it would let my sentiment be legible even stamped on top of the pattern.

I hope you'll create your own sketchtastic card and share it on the Paper Players blog.  Have fun!  As for me, I've got to get packin'...Ryan and I are flying out tomorrow to meet the hubs in London for a couple of days.  I haven't been to the UK since 2014 so I'm looking forward to it!  Did you know the world's largest Lego store is in London?  I'm sure Ryan will be very excited to learn that, ha!  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Artfully Layered
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Paper:  Just Jade, Calypso Coral, Artfully Composed DSP
Accessories:  Tropical Layers dies, White EP, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, great job with the sketch! Love how you used the fonds for the sketch. And the colors just great! Have a fun trip to London! And a great week!

Cindy Beach said...

Well, yes, Christy you rocked the sketch! You have me taking another look at that set, and I love the papaya color. The embossed leaf makes the perfect focal point. Way to go!
Going to London? Lucky you!

laurie said...

Wow the colors are awesome together!! What a great idea for the sketch.

Claire Broadwater said...

OH, I Love what you did with the sketch! Your coral background is perfect for the green and oranges leaves! Very striking card!

LeAnne said...

This is amazing! Those colors are fabulous and the font on that sentiment..love it!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Sometimes a break and revisit is just the thing - and I think you nailed my sketch this week! Love that we chose the same bundle but in completely different ways too. I am a latecomer to this bundle, but I love it too - so versatile and I so wish it was carrying over! Great card - i love the angling of your leaves, just perfect.

Ann Schach said...

What a striking card, Christy! I LOVE these colors. Everything just "pops" off the pale Papaya paper. A great take on the sketch! I hope you had a wonderful time in London!

Celeste Goff said...

What a great card! Love the summery, tropical colors!