Wednesday, October 18, 2023

A Cozy Cuppa

Mornin' y'all, and guess what?  Today is my TWENTIETH wedding anniversary!  Unfortunately the hubs can't be here to celebrate together, so I'm going to take Ryan out to dinner tonight and we're looking forward to having the hubs here for a hot minute at Thanksgiving.

In the meantime, it's time for tea.  And a card.


I made three cards yesterday, and I'm only really happy with one of them.  The other two (this being one of those) are oookay, but just not quite...I don't know.  Maybe it's just me?  Anyway, I do like the color challenge from As You See It:




And the sketch from Sunday Stamps:


I might just have to have another go at those two challenges and see if I can make something I'm a bit more excited about.  I am planning to spend a chunk of time in my craft room today : )  Cheers, y'all!  I'm going to go make that cup of tea before I head upstairs.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Cup of Tea
Ink:  Copper Clay
Paper:  Misty Moonlight, Copper Clay, Flowers for All Seasons DSP Stack, vellum
Accessories:  Teacup dies, Stitched Rectangles dies, Dimensionals, white baker's twine

8 comments:

Heather said...

So sweet, Christy, I love all things tea! That background sheet is lovely, too! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Heather Cooper said...

I've been having a run of those ?? cards lately, too! I probably need a mojo booster! But I don't think this card is one of your problems: that background paper is gorgeous!! And you've used the Challenge colours so effectively! Thanks for trying out our palette at As You See It Challenges!

Jan Clothier said...

Beautiful background DSP and the heart on the teacup is a cutie pie. Isn't it funny how sometimes cards just don't pop for us and other people don't notice anything amiss. Thanks for joining us again at As You See It.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Sorry to hear about your creative rut Christy - I made a couple of ‘ok’ cards yesterday too. Bet your crafty day will sort things out - I find making lots is the best way to get the creativity going again! All that said, I love your little tea cup! Softening the pretty background with vellum really allows your dotty teacup to stand out - gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us over at As You See It Challenge!

Deborah Wheeler said...

Well I think this card is just lovely - such a great way to use our colours! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

Heidi Baks said...

Your card does use a lovely color combination -- it does very warm and soothing like a cup of warm drink. And the layer of vellum, softening the background, also adds a classy touch. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

dj said...

Beautiful!! You might be "being a bit hard on yourself"...even in a "rut" you are creating beautiful cards!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "Frame It" sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!!
Deb Horst, DT #SSC320

Claire Broadwater said...

Such a relaxing feel to your card. Nothing like a warm cup of coffee/tea to make a chilly day better! So happy you shared this pretty card with us at Sunday Stamps!