Friday, October 27, 2023

Stacking Squash

Mornin' y'all and happy Friday!  I'm happy that today is yoga day at the Y (I do yoga there on Mondays and Fridays) and I'm hoping to get some quality craft room time today while the kiddo is at school.  I did get to make a second card yesterday with some brand-new goodies, take a peek:


Yes, I caved, I bought the Pick of the Patch bundle when I kept telling myself I didn't need it because I have the Pick a Pumpkin bundle from a few years ago and how many pumpkin stamps do I really need (see also:  Jack of All Trades and my OG favorite Carved & Candlelit) but I just kept seeing so many stinkin' CUUUUTE cards that other stampers were making and before I knew it I had submitted an order for it (and maybe one or two other things).  But I had great fun yesterday making my stack of pumpkins with a side of squash, and I got all of those color variations by stamping multiple times.  The largest pumpkin on the left I stamped just once, the darkest one I stamped 4 or 5 times, and the other two were in between.

Anywha, here's this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the current Color Throwdown:


I used Peekaboo Peach, Soft Sky, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla for my colors.  So I mixed brand-new stamps with a couple of old retired colors, but I can do that because it's my party and I'll cry if I want to it's my blog and no one I send cards to knows or cares if my supplies are retired.  Might as well use whatever I want!

Hope you have a great weekend, y'all.  Ryan has a trunk or treat event at his taekwondo studio tomorrow, and I'm planning to take him to see my high school's marching band perform on Sunday.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Pick of the Patch
Ink:  Peekaboo Peach, Soft Sky, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Soft Sky, Crumb Cake, Thick Very Vanilla, Soft Sky DSP
Accessories:  Pick of the Patch punch, Stitched Rectangles dies, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

That's the cutest set! I love your color choices and the way you stacked the pumpkins. Thank you for playing at FMS this week with my sketch!

Liz Williams said...

A great use of the colors for this week's Color Throwdown and these pumpkins are so cute on this layout! Thanks for sharing your cute card!

Kim S said...

You definitely need EVERY pumpkin set that comes out!! And this one is especially charming! I love the arrangement you created and the colors are wonderful. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Wanda Cullen said...

What a sweet card and a perfect take on the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!

Broni said...

Love this! Great card, Christy!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Lisa H. said...

So pretty. Love the use of this weeks colors with this. Nicely done.