Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Autumn Duo

Hey y'all, how's it going?  I have been enjoying fall-like weather for the last day or two, but it's supposed to get back up into the 80s starting tomorrow so this is like a faux fall.  Well, at least 84 is better than 108!  And I am currently enjoying a cuppa Twinings No. 22 Dark Caramel tea.

I see signs of fall in my craft room too : )


A while back, I saw a thing in a needlework catalog that had an embroidered table runner with purple leaves on black fabric.  I loved the purple leaf idea so I had to go with that today.  For the leaf and the pumpkin, I used the blending brushes to apply color to Thick Basic Vanilla cardstock, then flicked some water drops on it at the bathroom sink.  I dried it with my heat tool because I am impatient, and then stamped the outlines on top.  Seriously loving that look.  I had some extra pieces so I made an extra card:


I must admit that I forgot to do the water drops on the leaf before I stamped the outline, but it still looks pretty so I used it anyway.  And it gave me an excuse to just play around with the placement of the elements, just for funsies rather than following a sketch.  I made both of these for the current Paper Players challenge:


Changing colors were a sign of autumn in Germany (though I must admit I never saw purple leaves in nature); here in Texas we don't really get a fall and everything is still green, but we do have pumpkin patches popping up.  So I used both leaves and pumpkins on my cards : )

This afternoon I'm hoping to go see my old high school's marching band perform, I'd better set a timer so I remember to get out of the house in time for that.  That will definitely be nostalgic for me, I was in marching band for all of high school and I have so many memories of being in the band and the people in it.  So there's my afternoon plans.  Cheers!

Supplies, first card:
Stamps:  Come to Gather
Ink:  Gorgeous Grape, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso
Paper:  Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Thick Basic Vanilla
Accessories:  Gathered Leaves dies, Dimensionals, Rustic Metallic Dots

Supplies, second card:
Stamps:  Come to Gather
Ink:  Gorgeous Grape, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Thick Basic Vanilla
Accessories:  Gathered Leaves dies, Dimensionals, Opaque Gems

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Christy! I absolutely love both of your cards. Gorgeous Grape is as the name states gorgeous against both the black and the Daffodil Delight. Both of them are equally beautiful. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A beautiful fall-inspired card Christy and I love the pop of purple with the orange and yellow! Thanks for playing along with my CAS Challenge over at The Paper Players this week!