Tuesday, October 24, 2023

SUO Challenges: Going In Circles

Hey hey hey, get ready for another challenge from SUO Challenges!  We have a brand new theme starting now....



We're going in circles this time around!  So you can use circle dies, circle punches, polka dot patterned paper, anything you've got that features circles as long as it's Stampin' Up! only.  I had so much fun with this, I made two cards!


I saw a card on page 57 of the annual catalog that inspired both of my cards for today.  For the first card, I wanted to feature some of the super cute forest friends on the Beary Christmas DSP.  I adhered a stripey paper to my card base, and then used the Stylish Shapes dies to cut three circles out of a panel of Balmy Blue cardstock (note to self:  find a way to use those three circles on another project!).  Then I fussy-cut three animals and a Christmas tree from another sheet of the Beary Christmas paper.  One simple stamped greeting and I have a cute Christmas card to send out!

I liked that one so much I had to make a Halloween version too:


For this one, I used the Deckled Circles dies and cut the Basic Black panel with a Deckled Rectangle die, and then stamped and die cut my three skelly pals, some spooky bats, and the sentiment.  Same basic idea for both cards, but they look pretty different, don't they?

And now it's your turn!  Find some circles and have fun making something, then share it on the SUO Challenges blog.  Cheers!

Supplies, Christmas card:
Stamps:  Beary Cute
Ink:  Misty Moonlight
Paper:  Balmy Blue, Beary Christmas DSP
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies

Supplies, Halloween card:
Stamps:  Bag of Bones
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Orchid Oasis, Versamark
Paper:  Thick Basic White, Basic Black, Orchid Oasis, Them Bones DSP
Accessories:  Deckled Rectangles dies, Deckled Circles dies, Bag of Bones dies, white EP, Dimensionals

No comments: