Friday, October 6, 2023

Cotton Candy Ice Cream

Happy Friday y'all!  I'm trying to squeeze in as much stamping time today as I can because Ryan is on fall break next week and I probably won't get to do much in my craft room (unless it's with his help).  But I have a doctor's appointment today so that's going to take up some time and let's get with it!  Here's today's card:


And here's the Festive Friday challenge:


I used blue, a frame, and ombre from the list.  That Daffodil Delight ombre layer counts as a frame, right?  I used a blending brush to do the ombre, then took it into the bathroom sink and flicked water at it, I love the effect on the sponged color.  I got the colors from CAS Colours & Sketches:


This combination was definitely a challenge for me!  This is actually the second card I made for these two challenges, but I just wasn't thrilled with my first attempt.  I decided to have another go at it with Share a Milkshake and I tend to go with blue for ice cream because Ryan's favorite is bright blue cotton candy ice cream when we go on our monthly ice cream dates (on the first of the month, we go on an ice cream date to celebrate being one month closer to reuniting with the hubs next summer).

Okay, I need to get going for my appointment, but I'm hoping to have some more crafty time when I get back before Ryan gets out of school.  And I feel a serious need to make some Halloween and fall cards : ) Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Share a Milkshake
Ink:  Blueberry Bushel, Fresh Freesia, Daffodil Delight
Paper:  Blueberry Bushel, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Share a Milkshake dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Nested Essentials dies, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Beth McCullough said...

What a darling card! I really like the yellow background too! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge. :)

Lucy said...

You have used the colours of our challenge so perfectly to make such a sweet card. I love how you've used a navy card base, adds a lovely pop of colour while still keeping the card clean and simple. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CC&S :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Christy I just love this - isn't it funny how kids love blue food?! The yellow panel really makes the ice cream stand out. A fabulous card for both challenges. Thanks for sharing with us over at Festive Friday Challenge and CAS Colours & Sketches!

Melva Peters said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for playing along with Festive Friday Challenges!