Saturday, October 21, 2023

A Little Brewhaha

Surprise Saturday post!  Y'all know I love making fall and Halloween cards, and that's what I have today.  Ryan and I went to the movies this morning and watched the original Hocus Pocus on the big screen : ) I'm continuing the witchy theme with this card:


I have to say, that plaid in the background was a pretty good match for the flannel shirt I was wearing when I made the card : )  Agnes rides again!  I try to get Best Fiends out at least once every Halloween season.  Agnes is my favorite, though Frankie and Vlad are pretty awesome too.  Anywha, check out the frightful Festive Friday challenge:


I used black, a spooky sentiment, a spider (hanging out among the letters in the greeting), and of course Agnes for my witchy component.  I'm also entering this at Cupcake Inspiration:


Those cupcakes are super cute!  Anyway, I love this stamp set so much (and making Halloween cards in general) that I had to see if I could create a card with Agnes and her friends Frankie and Vlad too, so here's a bonus card:


I almost always color in the images, at first with watercolor and lately with Blends, but I thought I would go for a different look on this one.  Now I need to send out Halloween cards to pretty much everyone I know : )  Sometimes I feel like I am single-handedly keeping the US Postal Service in business.  While I was unpacking our stuff from storage, I found an old purse with a wallet in it, and I had two old books of stamps in there.  Gotta love the Forever stamp idea because I can still use those!

Tomorrow, Ryan and I are going to the last day of the Texas State Fair with my brother and his family.  Trying to get Ryan all of the Texas experiences while we're here.  I haven't been to the fair in years either, so I'm looking forward to it.  Cheers!

Supplies, first card:
Stamps:  Best Fiends, Just Between Fiends
Ink:  Starry Sky, Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Smoky Slate, Starry Sky, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sea Foam, Pecan Pie, Ivory
Paper:  Basic Black, Thick Basic White, Plaid Tidings DSP Stack
Accessories:  Deckled Rectangles dies, Tangerine Tango EP, Dimensionals

Supplies, second card:
Stamps:  Best Fiends
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Basic Black, Parakeet Party, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Mango Melody, Cutest Halloween DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Nested Essentials dies, Dimensionals, star accents

6 comments:

Helen said...

Great cards - love them both!

Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Jaydee said...

Agnes... of course she would be called Agnes! Your card - and Agnes made me laugh out loud. The shirt inspired background works perfectly with her. So glad you shared this with us as well at Festive Friday!
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love both of these cards Christy - those witches are just fabulous! Thanks for sharing the first one with us over at Festive Friday this week!

Revati.p said...

Love the spooky witch. Fun cards.

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.
Revati DT CIC.

Kelly Parker said...

Great cards, thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Nora Noll said...

What adorable cards!! I love the first one with the plaid background. The second card is too clever with the circles and rectangles. Thank you for taking the time to play with us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge