Monday, June 22, 2020

NC Black Bear Festival

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  I'm looking forward to this morning...I'm taking Ryan to a babysitter for four hours, and I am taking the morning OFF.  No cleaning, no going through stuff for our upcoming move.  I'm planning to put on some good music and play in my craft room for those four hours, and I'm gonna ENJOY it!

But first, I have a scrapbook layout to share!  We went to the NC Black Bear Festival in Plymouth, NC, in June of 2018.


The festival turned out to be really tiny (I had seen a billboard advertising it when I was driving up to DC and thought hey that sounds like fun; it was about a 2-hour drive to get there from our house).  Well, it probably didn't help that it poured down rain part of the day that we went there.  Anyway, there's some kind of black bear museum or something so we did that first thing and it turned out to be a whole lot of taxidermy and the look on Ryan's face pretty much mirrors my feelings on that subject.  We had more fun walking around the festival; they had a lot of food vendors with blackberry-themed foods and really we should have at least tried the blackberry ice cream.


Today's color palette comes straight from the photos:  Concord Crush, Baked Brown Sugar, Wisteria Wonder, Garden Green, Basic Black, and Whisper White.  Just one stamped bear from Rustic Retreat as an accent, and the name of the festival was on the giant inflatable arch in one picture so I let that be my page title.  It seems like I don't get to use purple very often in my scrapbook pages so this layout makes me happy :)

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Rustic Retreat
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Garden Green, Basic Black marker
Paper:  Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder, Garden Green, Thick Whisper White, Baked Brown Sugar DSP
Accessories:  Layering Circles dies, watercolor pencils

No comments: