Tuesday, June 9, 2020

SUO Challenges: Color Challenge

Goooood morning stampy friends!  I just finished a Turbo Kick workout so I'm really awake now :D  And today we have a new challenge at SUO Challenges!




This time around, it's a color challenge!  Check it out:


I admit I was a little stumped when I first saw these three colors together.  Whenever that happens, I take a look at my stamp shelves and just let my eyes wander over the stamp sets until one of the sets pings.  In this case, it was Seaside Notions.  So here's what I made:


The background was easy to make, all it took was a couple of sponges and a torn piece of scratch paper.  I sponged the whole background and then cut it into three pieces.  At first I was going to offset the strips (high, low, high), but I ended up liking the way it looked as a triptych so I kept it all on one level.  I stamped the shells with Soft Suede and then colored them in with Petal Pink Stampin' Blends.  Did you know you could use the Stampin' Blends on images stamped with any of the regular ink pads??  I learned that from someone else's blog, I think Brian King.  Anyway, when I colored in the shells, I didn't worry about making it perfect, I just swiped color on quickly and let it be a little free-form.  Then I stamped the sentiment and flagged the end of it, stuck everything down, and voila!  I think the colors look pretty darn good together!

So now it's your turn!  Upload your colorful creation at the SUO Challenges blog.  See you soon!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Seaside Notions
Ink:  Soft Suede, Coastal Cabana, Petal Pink Stampin' Blends
Paper:  Petal Pink, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Dimensionals

2 comments:

Anne Ronsky said...

Oooo fabulous, love anything to do with the sea! These colours really lend themselves to this subject :). Many thanks for sharing :)

CraftyHunnypots said...

Such a lovely card looks really good in the colours used thanks for the tip with the stampin blends didn't know that. Thanks for sharing your lovely make x