Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Bevy of Butterflies

 Mornin', y'all!  Ready for Day 2 of Butterfly Brilliance?


The DSP butterflies are on the left, stamped on DSP butterflies on the right.  I tried using the blending brushes for a soft background and I think I need to hunt up some videos on using those--the backgrounds are okay, I guess, but I think I need more practice or a better technique.  I kept the cards super simple since I wanted to use multiple butterflies, so just the die cuts, the soft background, and a few of enamel dots.  Flat and easy to mail, bonus.

Anyway, the three kinds of cards I seem to use the most are thank you, birthday, and thinking of you--yesterday was thinking of you, today is birthday, so guess what kind of butterfly cards are in the future this week ;) I used Peaceful Moments for the sentiments on all the cards because I thought the fonts in that stamp set were a good stylistic match for these beautiful butterflies.

Don't forget to post your SKY HIGH creations on the SUO Challenges blog!

Supplies, left card:
Stamps:  Peaceful Moments
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, So Saffron
Paper:  Thick Basic White, Butterfly Bijou DSP Stack
Accessories:  Brilliant Wings dies, In Color Enamel Dots

Supplies, right card:
Stamps:  Butterfly Brilliance, Peaceful Moments
Ink:  Gorgeous Grape, Blushing Bride
Paper:  Thick Basic White, Butterfly Bijou DSP Stack
Accessories:  Brilliant Wings dies, Happy Days Enamel Dots (retired)

No comments: