Tuesday, March 2, 2021

SUO Challenges: Sky High

 Good morning stampy friends!  It is time for a brand new challenge at SUO Challenges!


 
This time our theme is SKY HIGH, which is also the name of one of my favorite movies :)  So this is your chance to make a card featuring anything that flies!  As it happens, Stampin' Up! is releasing a brand-new butterfly bundle starting tomorrow that will be available in the next annual catalog.  I pre-ordered it as soon as I saw it and I love it and I had to use it for this challenge!


Aren't they pretty???  This new stamp set reminds me so much of Wonderful Wings, which I bought very early in my stamping career.  Okay, so the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set is just ONE stamp that has six butterflies, and the matching dies have one big die that cuts out all six butterflies at once.  AND the coordinating Butterfly Bijou 6x6 paper has a sheet that you can cut out with that same die.  I stamped the butterflies on a colorwash pattern (bottom card, the colorwash doesn't show up very well in the photo), then I die cut those and die cut the DSP ones too.  In like three minutes I had twelve butterflies to play with, which is why I have nine cards to share this week ;) (Eight are butterfly cards, one is something else!).  In addition to that one big die, the Brilliant Wings dies have some other lovely shapes to use on their own--I'm sure you'll be seeing LOTS of brilliant butterfly creations in the coming weeks, whether from me or someone else.  Still hoping I can get Ryan in childcare soon so I have some time in my craft room.

Anyway, since I had six stamped butterflies and the six pretty ones from the patterned paper, I decided to make pairs of cards with them--in this set, the top card is all patterned paper (well, other than the sentiment), and the bottom card is the butterfly I stamped with Gorgeous Grape ink.  I had some fun playing with several of the patterns in the Butterfly Bijou stack so you'll see those later this week.

In the meantime, make your own Sky High project and share it at the SUO Challenges blog.  Can't wait to see your beautiful creations, whether they're butterflies or birds...or superheroes ;)

Supplies, top card:
Stamps:  Peaceful Moments
Ink:  Just Jade
Paper:  Just Jade, Thick Basic White, Butterfly Bijou DSP Stack
Accessories:  Brilliant Wings dies, Sweet Shapes dies, Dimensionals, retired Iridescent Sequins

Supplies, bottom card:
Stamps:  Butterfly Brilliance, Peaceful Moments
Ink:  Gorgeous Grape, Calypso Coral
Paper:  Gorgeous Grape, Thick Basic White, Butterfly Bijou DSP Stack
Accessories:  Brilliant Wings dies, Sweet Shapes dies, Dimensionals, retired Iridescent Sequins

1 comment:

CraftyHunnypots said...

Beautiful cards Christy this new set is so beautiful I too couldn't resist it in the pre order and I'm so glad I got it. Love the colours you chose to do your cards in x Natalie Arnold