Thursday, March 18, 2021

Leafy Greens

Mornin' y'all!  Yesterday I decided to take the day off from working around the house and I dug into a brand new book from my favorite author and drank copious amounts of tea and okay, I also did five loads of laundry because I can't ignore that for long ;) Once I finished the book, I had enough time to make a quick card in my craft room!



Saint Patrick's Day might have been yesterday but I approve of green any day because it's my favorite color.  The card base on this is Granny Apple Green, the square is gold foil and I had trouble getting a good picture of it because it was so rainy and dark out yesterday (which made it an even BETTER day to stay in and read!).


There you can see the gold a bit better.  I could not resist the supergreen challenge from Color Throwdown (and you get a million bonus points if you know what movie "supergreen" is from):




I used Garden Green, Granny Apple Green, and my trusty gold foil to go with the white.  I quite enjoyed this sketch from Fab Friday:
And I'm entering this card over at Retro Rubber as well:



Neither Love of Leaves nor Art Gallery count as retro as they are under a year old, but I broke out Post Script, which is one of my favorite-ever background stamps and I acquired it in 2017.  I hadn't decided on a sentiment to use when I pulled out Post Script, but something about that stamp makes me want to make "I miss you" cards, so I did.

I'm hoping to get some scrapping done today, and then tomorrow I'm working at the arts & crafts center again.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Love of Leaves, Art Gallery, Post Script
Ink:  Garden Green, Versamark
Paper:  Granny Apple Green, Garden Green, gold foil, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Stitched Leaves dies, Floral Gallery dies, Stitched Shapes dies, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

It sounds like you had just about a perfect day! And I feel you about the raining day making it hard to get a good photo...I feel that on the weekly! I love seeing the Post Script stamp again; it's perfect for a miss you card! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous card - I also highly approve of green on any day - especially such an awesome one as this - hope you get to do it again soon! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

LeAnne said...

Love this...so happy to see that leafy image used for something other than fall! And the background stamp is wonderful! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Beautiful leaf showing the colors of Spring, love the background stamp, it's totally awesome!!
You just gave me a wonderful idea to use my "Fall Leaves" using green instead of browns and oranges and yellows.
Honestly, I never thought about doing that!!!
Thank you for the inspiration and for sharing your beautiful card with us at RETRO RUBBER.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria/DT