Friday, March 26, 2021

Spring Bouquet

Howdy, y'all!  Had to run some errands yesterday morning (my car is all shiny clean now!) but I did get some work done in my craft room--my five layouts are all done except for journaling, and I made a card to share today.


Not quite sure how much I like it though.  I picked the sketch and color challenges I wanted to use and then I couldn't figure out what I wanted to stamp!  Eventually I inked up another new stamp set (Wrapped Bouquet) and paired it with a sentiment from Well Said, which is on the retiring list.  Kinda digging that newsprint layer on the bottom though.

Anywha, here's the Freshly Made Sketch:


Okay so my card is a bit more in the spirit of the sketch this time rather than exactly reproducing it, but I think it's recognizable.  Here's the color challenge from Color Throwdown:


I loved these colors together and I don't know why it was so hard for me to come up with an idea for them.  Maybe it was throwing me to work with four colors since usually I stick to three for cards?  But then I added Gray Granite to the mix so I had five *shrug*  I used Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight, Highland Heather, and Coastal Cabana for the colors.

Okay, I'd better get my workout on so I can be ready to go to work on time today.  Ryan and his daycare peeps are going to a wildlife park today so I'm surprised he's not already up and chattering about it!  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Wrapped Bouquet, Well Said
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Gray Granite, Stampin' Blends in Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight, Highland Heather
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Flirty Flamingo, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Wrapped Flowers dies, Ornate Frames dies, Dimensionals, white baker's twine

4 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the newsprint border! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS!

Jen Timko said...

I definitely see the sketch and this is a great take on it. Love that newsprint too. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

What a sweet card Christy! Love those flowers and the pretty background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Pretty flowers - and I like what you did with the newsprint too! Glad you joined us at FMS!