Friday, March 12, 2021

Springtime Serenity

Hey y'all!  I had a day off yesterday so I got my hair cut for the first time in over four months and I'm SO HAPPY about that.  I ran around and did some errands and then spent two hours in my craft room, so I'm also happy about that!  Here is one of the things I worked on yesterday:


It was a raw, blustery day yesterday but in my cozy craft room it was all about soft spring colors.  I started with Soft Sea Foam and Purple Posy and then I had to add in a bit of pink, so I pulled out some retired Powder Pink because Petal Pink is too peachy for this card.  Don't recognize that heart die?  It retired a while back, it's in the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits.  I wanted something to go behind my sentiment block, and I cut out some of the flowers with the Wild Rose dies but one wasn't enough and two or more just felt like they were taking over the card and then I found this heart already cut out and was like yep, that's exactly what I needed here.  I managed to use three different sets of dies on this card, and a corner rounder punch.

I started with the sketch from Global Design Project:


As soon as I saw the sketch, the Well Written dies popped in my head and I hadn't used them in a while so I decided to go with that notion.  I combined that with the Paper Players theme challenge:


You don't have to use fall colors with leaf stamps, ya know!  I picked Soft Sea Foam because it's the softest SU green, and then stamped three leaves from Love of Leaves for the biggest panel on my sketch.  This card came together pretty quickly and I figure it's a good multipurpose card.  Could be just a thinking of you but can also work for sympathy.

I've got my third day at work today.  Wednesday was day #2 and my bosses kinda left me minding the shop by myself for a good chunk of the day.  Good thing I'm a fast learner, and I knew where to find them when something came up that I needed to ask a question (they were playing ping-pong!).  Ryan is enjoying daycare a lot and I'm enjoying the opportunity to be out of the house and interacting with other people, so yeah I think this is a success so far.  Hope y'all have a great Friday, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Love of Leaves, Well Said
Ink:  Soft Sea Foam, Highland Heather
Paper:  Purple Posy, Soft Sea Foam, Powder Pink, Pear Pizzazz, Thick Whisper White, Playing With Patterns DSP Stack
Accessories:  Sunshine Wishes Thinlits, Painted Labels dies, Well Written Framelits, corner rounder punch, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

3 comments:

Jaydee said...

A hair cut... oh.. boy, I can't wait to get one of those! I bet it felt good :-)
I love the soft, spring colors of your card and that wonderful heart. So glad you shared this with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

I love your soft color combo and the gorgeous heart. So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

laurie said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors! Thanks for joining us at the paper players!