Thursday, March 4, 2021

Prickly Cactus

Mornin' y'all!  I'm taking a break from butterflies to bring you the *other* card I made on Sunday, and here it is!


AAAHHHHHH I love it!  A while back, SU! had a cactus stamp set and I liked it but I didn't buy it and then it retired and I was sad I hadn't bought it so when the Flowering Cactus product medley came out in the Occasions Catalog I jumped on it lickety-split but this is the first time I've gotten it inked up.  The product medley comes with stamps, dies, DSP, and accessories and I love it!

I also love the sketch from the Paper Players:
 

Given how many stamp sets have coordinating dies nowadays (not complaining), this sketch would be super easy to use with just about anything!

The Fab Friday color challenge was taken straight from the Flowering Cactus DSP which just cemented my decision to use it:

I used both greens on the heart-shaped cactus--I inked the stamp up with Mint Macaron, and then used a sponge dauber to apply Mossy Meadow ink around the outside of it, and then stamped.  Easy peasy!

Well, I'd better get my workout on while Ryan is watching PowerPuff Girls.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Flowering Cactus
Ink:  Mint Macaron, Mossy Meadow, Calypso Coral
Paper:  Mint Macaron, Thick Basic White, Flowering Cactus DSP Stack
Accessories:  Flowering Cactus dies, Rectangles Stitched dies, Hippo & Friends dies, Dimensionals, retired Happy Day Enamel Dots

6 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

I love how that one cactus looks a bit like a heart which is perfect for your sentiment (and the Paper Players sketch!). The double layered sentiment is great with the stitching carrying over from the rectangle panel! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday & The Paper Players!

Heather said...

Love it, Christy - I agree, this medley is the total bomb, and I ran straight to it for these colors, too, lol. Love your combo here - I have shied away from this sheet, but not anymore! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Tanya said...

This IS such a fun medley! My mom got it and the refill and I can't wait to play with it more!

Ann Schach said...

Oh, I LOVE this Christy! This is one of my favorite product medleys ever. In fact, I just used it to make a card for Festive Friday! I love the Calypso Coral flowers, especially with the Highland Heather background. Thank you so much for playing in my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

LOL, that palette is perfect for your prickly cactus! So fun! Thanks for playing with our Paper Players sketch this week!

Debbie Crowley said...

I am liking this bundle more and more. Christy, your card is perfect for the challenge. Great colors. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.