Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Gathering of Pumpkins

You know how groups of animals sometimes have fun names?  Like a bunch of dogs is a pack (okay, not very fun and imaginative), lions are a pride (getting better), crows are a murder (love that one), and a group of unicorns is a surprise?  Well, I was thinking about that as I uploaded my card picture today and I wanna know what you'd call a group of pumpkins.


I know, pumpkins are veg, not animals, but that's where my thought process was.  Given how everyone seems to be obsessed with pumpkin spice lattes (I don't drink coffee, much as I love pumpkin), maybe we should call this a spice of pumpkins?  I don't know.

What I do know is that I like the color combination from Global Design Project:


I knew it was going to be fun to use Lemon Lime Twist in fall color combinations.  LLT is so bright and in your face, I'm a little surprised at how popular it is...but of course I love it because I just love color.  I love Lemon Lime Twist with a good rich purple, too.

Anyway!  I combined that color combination with the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch:


I'd been planning to enter this card at the Paper Players' harvest theme challenge, but this sketch just doesn't seem CAS to me and that's part of their challenge.  I've got five layers of paper not counting the pumpkins, which I hand cut even though I have the matching Framelits because Ryan was asleep in the playard between me and the Big Shot so I just snipped them with scissors.  They were easy to cut out though, might have been faster than using the Big Shot Anyway.

Speaking of Ryan, he is currently taking a nap with his little rump sticking up in the air.  I took him to the gym this morning and he got to crawl around and play in the daycare area while I worked out, so we were both tired when we got home :) So maybe I can go finish that other card I started yesterday!

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Pick a Pumpkin, Painted Harvest
Ink:  Lemon Lime Twist, Peekaboo Peach, Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso
Paper:  Lemon Lime Twist, Peekaboo Peach, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Painted Autumn DSP
Accessories:  Mini Dimensionals

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

I'd call it a Squash of pumpkins! Speaking of pumpkin spice, I saw on Facebook where there is pumpkin spice CHEERIOS. Wonder how those are? YOU need to try them. It's definitely YOUR time of year.

LOVE the colors on your card. Fashion-wise, those are Joni's colors. Today I am wearing a fuschia shirt and it makes me happy.

Leigh Penner said...

I love the fun scene you created! Great take on the sketch!

I Card Everyone said...

Christy, I'm so glad you shared this card with us at CTS! It's full of Fall splendor!
=]