Friday, September 29, 2017

Hey, Kit

Happy Friday, y'all!  The hubs and I were both saying yesterday that we were confused what day of the week it was; both of us thought yesterday was Wednesday for a while.  Don't know why but heyyyy Friday!

Ryan took a THREE-HOUR nap yesterday so I managed to make a couple of cards and work on a scrapbook layout.  So here's one of the cards I made:


A baby fox is a kit, right?  I think so.  Meet this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I loved Rita's foxy card so I was inspired to dust off Foxy Friends, which I haven't played with nearly enough.  Lucky for me, this week's Color Throwdown was foxy as well:


I used Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke, Tangerine Tango, and Pool Party for my colors.  I admit I didn't think "baby" when I first saw these colors...in fact, I hadn't decided on a sentiment when I put the rest of the card together.  So I just went through my stamps to find a sentiment that would fit right and that "hello, baby" from Baby Bear jumped out at me.  (The inside of the card says "welcome to the world!")  I thought hey, why not make this a baby card?  Honestly, these colors are pretty similar to Ryan's bedding in his nursery and I looooooove all the baby clothes with foxes on them.  So baby card!

Ryan and I are heading out in about 10 minutes to do our daily gym time.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Foxy Friends, Baby Bear
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Tangerine Tango, Pool Party, Soft Suede, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Always Artichoke, Pool Party
Accessories:  Layering Circles Framelits (to make a mask), Dimensionals

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

They've definitely changed the colors for baby clothes. Used to, you'd NEVER see black on a baby. Now it is all the rage. And using more primary colors, too. Yarn for baby blankets hasn't changed so much with the times (in my normal brand), but I have seen some try to sneak in there. For a while, Anne Gedes, I believe, came out with some primary color baby yarn. I only saw it on the shelves for a short while, though.

I like your fox! Oh, I found another bear shirt for Ryan that he can wear when he's 3 -- it was on sale and I picked it up. It was also GREEN. Funny! Nice card, Kik!

Melissa Grant said...

Sweet sweet card. One of my favorite sets!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love this foxy card! Adorable take on the throwdown colors and happy to see you joining in the challenge this week!

Linda Callahan said...

This little fox is so cute! Adorable Card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

Jen Timko said...

This is such fun for a fall baby card! And that fox is always great. Love the stenciled circle for the sketch. So glad you joined us at FMS!! (and yay for a long nap and time to craft!!)

Jen Brum said...

What a sweet baby card! I do love that little fox and I love most things with foxes on them! Great colour choices! Thanks for joining us this week at FMS!