Wednesday, September 27, 2017

It Worked for Cinderella

So after we got back from our trip to Niagara Falls, I had to get caught up on everyone's blogs and stampy goodness and all that, and I kept seeing cards with the Patterned Pumpkins Thinlits and I hadn't played with mine too much yet so that idea stuck in my brain.  And the SUO Challenge this week is to use dies and/or punches, so that seemed like a really good idea.

And then....I saw this week's Retro Rubber Challenge.


And I had an idea.

A really silly idea.

And it made me giggle.

Like, a lot.

So may I present to you....


CINDERELLA'S PUMPKIN CARRIAGE.  I hope it looks like a carriage to you?  I was thinking of the white pumpkins they have out front of my grocery store, plus in the movie Cindy's pumpkin carriage is white/light blue.  The jewel paper seemed to just go with the theme.  The pumpkin and the little viney sproings are from the Patterned Pumpkin Thinlits, and the "wheels" are a little floral stamp from Butterfly Basics which is 2 1/2 years old for the Retro challenge.  They're popped up on Dimensionals, and the whole white square panel is also on Dimensionals...and the white is Shimmery White, so it looks nice and magical in person too.

I used the Sunday Stamps sketch:


I wanted to add some kind of sentiment to the inside of the card, but I wasn't sure what to use until I happened to catch sight of the Designer Tee stamp set.


"Don't quit your day dream."  PERFECT.  And I know who's going to get my Cinderella card too; she's my SIL's favorite Disney princess.  And I have a postage stamp with Cinderella's wicked stepmother on it too!  Ha!

ACK!  I need to get moving to the gym this morning.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Butterfly Basics, Designer Tee
Ink:  Soft Sky, Emerald Envy, Lemon Lime Twist
Paper:  Soft Sky, Lemon Lime Twist, Shimmery White, Naturally Eclectic DSP
Accessories:  Patterned Pumpkin Thinlits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, 1/2" circle punch, Dimensionals

16 comments:

Tanya said...

How FUN!!! Such a clever idea! The colors and DP are perfect! :)

CCsMom said...

Cute! I LIKE it!!!

creative lady said...

Cute card, love your layout and your mode of transportation is adorable. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber.

Neva Cole said...

What a fun fantasy way to interpret our travel theme at Retro Rubber. Very fun card! Thanks for playing along!

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, Christy, this is the CUTEST mode of transportation card! LOL I wouldn't have thought of this in a million years but I love that you did. Great card combining lots of great challenges. Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again in the next challenge!

Jan Clothier said...

Yep, your clever idea made me giggle and smile too! Just too cute. Love your flowery wheels and the jewel paper is just right. The only thing better would have been glass slipper paper! Thanks for joining us again and for sharing this sweet creation with us at Retro Rubber.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Honestly!! love how your mind worked for this challenge, this is so clever and right on target for our RETRO RUBBER challenge.
Love the shiny paper behind Cinderella's carriage, beautifully made.
Thank you for sharing, hope you come back and play again soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Julie Gearinger said...

Christy, what a fun idea for the travel theme as well as our challenge! Love your Cinderella carriage and use of the Pumpkin Dies- thanks for the inspiration! Hugs and so thrilled that you could play along with our SUO Challenge :-)

Annette Elliott said...

Love your Cinderella carriage! Such a cute idea and for the DSP too! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps! :)

Leena Girsa said...

Cinderella's carriage never looked so good! What a creative use for that die cut! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamp this week!

Neva Cole said...

Yes it did, work for Cinderella that is! What a fantastical way to interpret our theme at Retro Rubber! Thanks for playing along!

Cindee Wilkinson said...

Oh my goodness! You are so clever using that die for a carriage. Thanks for playing along on the SUO Challenge.

Julia said...

I love your card, and your amazing ideas! You are very clever, and I'm in awe!! This is so so perfect for our shape up challenge. It's wonderful to see your project in our lineup for SUO CHallenges!! Thank you!!

Connie Babbert said...

SO clever!!! I love the Cinderella carriage! Thanks for playing along with the shape up challenge on SUO Challenges this time!

Karen Barber said...

THAT'S WHAT I CALL THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX!!

Mary Brown said...

Oh I love your sweet pumpkin carriage...just DARLING! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!