Friday, September 8, 2017

Sunny Sunflower

Happy Friday, y'all!  I woke up at 5:00 this morning and could not get back to sleep, so eventually I got up and got to cross stitch for a while before Ryan woke up.  Not a bad start to the morning, but hopefully I don't run out of steam in the middle of the day.

How about a sunny sunflower card for this Friday morning?


The sunflower and leaves are from Painted Harvest, the same stamp set I used for the sentiment on Wednesday's card.  I used sponges to ink up my stamps, except for the sentiment and the second layer of the sunflower petals; those were done inking up the stamp as usual with the ink pad.  Using the sponge gives a bit of a softer effect on the stamped images, and it's helpful if you've got a super juicy ink pad--use the sponge to ink up the stamp to keep from over-inking it.

So meet this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


Lots of different images I could have used for the circular element; I used Painted Harvest because a.) it's new and b.) it was still on my stamping table :)  What, I'm lazy.  It's *finally* cooling down just a tad here; hubs and I have been taking the baby and the doglets for walks in the morning (since hubs is still on convalescent leave for his back surgery, and he's supposed to walk as much as he can) and it's actually quite pleasant outside at 8 in the morning now, instead of feeling like a nasty giant sauna of ickiness.  (I hate summer in the south.)  So anyway, expect more fall cards from me for the foreseeable future!

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Harvest, Sunshine Sayings
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Lemon Lime Twist, Garden Green, Early Espresso
Paper:  Garden Green, Early Espresso, Soft Sky, Very Vanilla, Painted Autumn DSP
Accessories:  Lots of Labels Framelits, Mini Dimensionals

2 comments:

Karren said...

This sunflower is gorgeous and so artistic looking! Fabulous card and perfect use of the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

CCsMom said...

LOVE this card!!! I have my fall things up at work. I'm just feeling it already and hoping we have more than one or two days of it. Love you!