Tuesday, September 5, 2017

You're the Best

Happy Tuesday, y'all.  We have a teething baby in the house and he's grumpy a lot so now his parents are getting a little grumpy too.  Bleargh.  At least baby naps a lot...


I made a MAN card for today!  I had book club last night, and since the hubs can't pick up the baby due to his back surgery, I asked Bennet to come over here and babysit the hubs.  And I made him this card and inside it says IOU one pumpkin coffee cake.  (YUM.)


I wanted to make a card for the Global Design Project theme challenge, but I stared at my stamps blankly for a few minutes before I decided exactly who I was making the card for and then it all came together pretty quick.


For the Cupcake Inspirations color challenge, I used Tangerine Tango and Bermuda Bay with a healthy dose of black and white.


Add in the sketch from Just Add Ink and voila!  Card done.  Got to bust out some new stamps too; I got the hostess set You're Delightful and the holiday catalog set Pick a Pumpkin on my last SU! order and this is the maiden voyage for both.  I watercolored "You're the Best" with Bermuda Bay ink and intentionally made it darker in some areas and lighter in others, just to add a bit of interest so the giant sentiment.

Hope you have a great day, y'all.  I think this might be one of those days where I just wanna take a nap...but I also have some books to read...and other stuff to do :p  So probably no nap for me but that's okay.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  You're Delightful, Pick a Pumpkin, Work of Art
Ink:  Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Tangerine Tango
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Whole Lot of Lovely DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes Framelits, Patterned Pumpkin Thinlits, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Tanya said...

Fun card! I like the colors and the images you used together!
*I stole a nap today. Molars coming in and baby hayfever is killin' me. Ugh... Good luck to you!!

KimB said...

Definitely a perfect bloke card Christy. Great mix of bold pattern and sentiment and I love the pop of orange from the pumpkin! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Patrice said...

Perfect thank you card! Nice that you were still able to get out for a bit, despite a teething baby, & convalescing hubby. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

Jaxx Crafty Creations said...

Fabulous card, Christy. Love the clean and simple layout and the colour combination is such a great choice for a bright, fun, male themed card. The water coloured letters look fantastic, your colouring gave it lovely depth. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Anonymous said...

Great card - I love the bold black with white spots, very striking. The sentiment is a great font. Chantell Just Add Ink

Jan said...

What a great thank you card Christy! Your large font alog with the mix of pattern and colour is so striking! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Lady Joyful said...

What a great masculine card, and a great use of the colours! Love the bold wording. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!