Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Painted Autumn Quilt

Happy Wednesday, y'all!  This teething thing must be hard work, because it's after 8 a.m. here right now and the little one juuuust now started wiggling in his crib.  Tell ya what though, I prefer an 8 a.m. wake-up call to starting the day at 5:00!

But at any rate I'd better type fast so I can go grab the baby :)


New TOOOOOYYYYYSSSS!  Say hello to the Quilt Builder Framelits.  And the Painted Autumn patterned paper.  And the Painted Harvest stamp set.

And while we're at it, say hello to the Fab Friday color challenge:


I admit, this card took me a reeeeealllly long time to make...I actually cut enough quilt pieces to make, like, five quilts.  And once I decided on the Peekaboo Peach DSP for the star part of the quilt, I wanted Lemon Lime Twist on the outsides but cardstock was too strong so I ended up doing a light watercolor wash on watercolor paper and that gave me the light LLT I needed.  Then I tried to put it all on a Peekaboo Peach card base but it was So. Much. Peach! so I added in the vanilla layer and yay finally we're done.

And the little one says yay finally he's done sleeping (for now) and he's hungry, so off I go to make up a bottle.  Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Harvest
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Lemon Lime Twist
Paper:  Peekaboo Peach, Tranquil Tide, Very Vanilla, Painted Harvest DSP
Accessories:  Quilt Builder Framelits, Tranquil Tide ribbon

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

I do like your card. I like quilt designs. You can do so much with them.

Yes, teething is a big job. Too, Ryan might be in a growth spurt. That takes lots of energy, too -- and food. Growing boys need LOTS OF FOOD!!! Love you!

Heather said...

Love this - just got this one, too! I love your inclusion of the DSP - I'm almost out of this pattern, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Amanda Mertz said...

I like the different ways you toned down our colors to keep them from being too much for your sweet quilt! I will have to remember the watercolor wash for the background of the quilt! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!