Wednesday, September 20, 2017

On Wednesdays, We Wear Pink

Tee hee :)

My card today is definitely wearing pink.


I really haven't done a whole lot with Flirty Flamingo...it's not that I dislike the color, I just can't quite figure out what to pair it with.  However, I do rather like it here with Pool Party and Wild Wasabi.  I didn't have DSP in colors and patterns that I wanted to use with my fussy-cut flower (because I stamped that before I figured out what I wanted to do with the rest of the card), so I just cut some panels out of Thick Whisper White and then I dragged an inked up sponge across until I liked the effect.  I did a bit of extra sponging at the edges, and then I stamped a repeating design on each one--a fleur de lis from Timeless Textures on the Pool Party panel, and the fern stamp from Painted Harvest on the Wild Wasabi panel.  I do like how those turned out.  Also, no sentiment on this card...when I want to send it, I can always stamp whatever I need on the inside.  So this card could be for a birthday or thank you or thinking of you or anything really.  Except a masculine card.  It's not at all dude-like.

So anyway, I started my card with a pink flower because of the challenge at Fusion:


I used the sketch and the inspiration pic gave me my pink starting point for the flower, though I do love tea and teacups :)

But the flowers also worked well with the challenge at Cupcake Inspirations:


Also pink :)  I did stamp another flower with Flirty Flamingo and Sweet Sugarplum together, which I liked, but for this card I just wanted to go with the pink by itself.  So we'll see if I bust out that other flower somewhere else.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Harvest, Timeless Textures
Ink:  Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Flirty Flamingo, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Dimensionals & Mini Dimensionals

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

That flower is beautiful!!! I do like your card and that it can be used for just about anything. Can you impagine decorating those cupcakes like that? They are incredible. Wish I had that talent.

Lady Joyful said...

Beautiful card. I love the soft colours. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

cm said...

A beautiful card and your flower...oh my! Stunning! I think you've done wonders with Flirty Flamingo. Thank you for sharing this gem in the FUSION gallery!
~carol