Friday, September 1, 2017

Thanks, Teach

Friday morning already, y'all.  I'm starting off today with a headache, but I'm hoping my morning cuppa tea and some pumpkin baked oatmeal will help with that.  Though if Ryan has his way, he'll get 2/3 of my oatmeal.  How can he fit that much oatmeal in his wee little tummy?  Piggy baby.  Sure is cute, though.

So I made a card yesterday while Ryan was entertaining his dada.


I don't know, this card looked better in my head.  It just feels a little lackluster to me?  I don't know.  Anyway, I started with the Paper Players sketch:


And of course the Retro Rubber theme challenge:


My card today isn't *quite* as obviously school-related, but I thought it would work nicely as a teacher thank you card.  Why do we associate apples with teachers?  Things that make you go hmm.  Oh yeah, stamp ages...I've had Apple of My Eye for just a year and a half, and So Happy For You is 6 years old.

Anyway, one last challenge, I used the Color Throwdown colors:


I used Real Red, Crushed Curry, and Wild Wasabi, which are great back-to-school colors.

Well, Ryan is trying to get my attention...either he wants my oatmeal, or he needs a diaper change.  Ha!  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Apple of My Eye, So Happy For You
Ink:  Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Wild Wasabi, Thick Whisper White, Color Theory DSP
Accessories:  Dimensionals, dinner plate traced for the curve

8 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

I don't think your card is lackluster at all Christy; it's clean and simple perfection! Anything more would have detracted from it. Awesome card, love the pop of red. Thanks for sharing with us this week at The Paper Players!

Jan Clothier said...

I like this card too, Christy. I think the ombré background lifts it and looks great with that bright apple. Thanks for joining us at both Retro Rubber and The Paper Players this week.

Kelly S. said...

I love the background that makes that sweet apple POP! Simply perfect!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the gradient yellows in the background! Lovely CAS design that will make some teacher very happy! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown this week!

Christine Traversa said...

I am loving that gradient, it adds just the extra touch. Thanks for joining us at the RRCB!❤️

creative lady said...

Love your CAS card. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

Katy McGloin said...

The ombre background is perfect with the apple, Christy! You may say lackluster but I say CAS and sweet! Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber this week!!!

Neva Cole said...

Great way to play with a few challenges. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber. It is simple, but makes a point. Honestly, as a teacher IRL I've never gotten an apple, go figure!