Monday, September 4, 2017

Versailles, Part 1

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  I have no fewer than FIFTY draft posts and I think they're all scrapbook layouts.  Or the vast majority are, at any rate.  And today I'm sharing a layout I just finished last week instead of one that I probably finished last year :D  I've been working hard on the scrapbooks this year to have that many draft posts.  Yay me!

Anyway, on to today's layout!


See the pics here and here.  There's a bit of a glare on the left page...I think it matters if it's sunny or overcast when I take the photos, and I try to take them in the morning due to the direction of the light coming in the windows...well, I try to take good pics of the layouts anyway, even if I don't always succeed.


I think I know why I don't typically cut out the letters in the Morning Post Alphabet...this took FOR.EV.ER!!  No kidding it took well over an hour just to cut the letters out, but this is where my scrappy muse took me for today so cut them out I did.


This is the first of three Versailles layouts (we took a lot of pictures); they all three have this color palette:  Crushed Curry, Emerald Envy, Brilliant Blue, and a bit of Basic Gray for the journaling and some Whisper White.  I'm getting very close to running out of 8.5x11" Brilliant Blue cardstock...I may have to cave and buy some on eBay.  I do love that color for my scrapbooks.

I'm going to finish my cuppa and my piece of pumpkin coffee cake...I made the first pumpkin coffee cake of the fall season yesterday and YUM we've pretty much eaten all of it already.  So. Good.  Anyway, after breakfast I probably need to go to the gym to work off the pumpkin coffee cake ;)  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Morning Post Alphabet, Carte Postale
Ink:  Brilliant Blue, Crushed Curry, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Emerald Envy, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White, Crushed Curry DSP
Accessories:  circle punches

No comments: