Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Awesome Unicorn

Mornin', y'all!  I'm trying to type this with Ryan in my lap.  He was all grunty and unhappy at me until I pulled him in my lap and now he's got my phone.  That little toot already knows how to swipe his fingers on the screen to make the images move.  Still working on teaching him not to put the phone in his mouth though.


Yeah I'm still not done playing with Magical Day.  I used Peekaboo Peach the first time I used the unicorn stamp and now her name is Macaroni, poor thing.  But I think I was more successful with the peach this time.  Which brings us to the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge:


I used Peekaboo Peach, Lemon Lime Twist, and Sahara Sand for the colors.  The white is Shimmery White because how could it not be with a unicorn?

Here's the sketch from Fab Friday that I used:


And the Paper Players theme challenge:


I admit the sketch isn't necessarily CAS, but I did try to limit the number of layers and keep it clean lines at least.  Like, instead of matting the main image panel, I swiped the edges on my black ink pad so it gives definition without adding another layer.  I was looking for a sentiment to go with the unicorn (I wanted something different than what's in Magical Day), and that's how I ended up with the greeting from Epic Celebrations, one of this year's Sale-a-Bration sets.  It's already retired but the unicorn is going to be too pretty soon :p

The hubs is up now and feeding Ryan yet more Cheerios so I can actually type!  Man, that kid can EAT.  He's going to be begging for my breakfast too in a minute.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Magical Day, Epic Celebrations
Ink:  Basic Black, Peekaboo Peach, Lemon Lime Twist, Sahara Sand
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Peekaboo Peach, Lemon Lime Twist, Shimmery White
Accessories:  Dimensionals, Tailored Tag punch (to flag the ends of the banner), Tutti Frutti adhesive sequins

9 comments:

Heather said...

Oh WOW - love this unicorn in these sherbet colors! So sparkly and happy! That touch of black edging really pops, too! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Tanya said...

I LOVE this! I need to play with my set before it's gone....

stampwithamyk said...

So cute! Love the colors and the touch of sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

LeAnne said...

So pretty...what fun colors and of course, I love the sketch as I played with this one too! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

Annie S. said...

I agree, every unicorn needs shimmery paper too! Very cute and magical card ~ thanks for sharing over at The Paper Players this week!

Quillish said...

Oh wow, this is super cute and what a lovely way to incorporate the colours of the challenge! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations and hope your little darling lets you craft and blog. Hugs, Ishani.

Wendy Bellino said...

Sounds like you have a cute little helper! Your card is adorable, love the sketch! Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Cupcake Inspirations! Wendy DT

Sandy said...

Love the bright colors and cute horse! Thank you for playing along with us this week over at Cupcake Inspirations. Have a great week!
-Sandy, DT

amanda mertz said...

I love the clean lines of this card! And the colors....so nice to see this stamp in non-rainbow colors! The black edging is eye-catching as well! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!