Monday, April 30, 2018

Kronborg Castle

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  How about we start our week with a Danish castle!


I shared my Copenhagen layout a while back, so here's the other layout from Denmark.  Hubs and I took a train from Copenhagen to Elsinore (Helsingor) to visit Kronborg Castle, which is identified with the castle in Hamlet (though curiously the castle in the play is named after the town near Kronborg Castle, and not the castle itself).

I used Island Indigo for the page base, and that is one of the retiring core colors that I will really miss.  I used it for scrapbook pages more than cards, maybe partially because I do so many color challenges for cards but I always choose my own colors for scrapbook pages.  I love that floral pattern from the Whole Lot of Lovely DSP pack...doesn't necessarily go with the castle theme, so let's pretend those are the flowers that Ophelia was playing with in Hamlet :)


Here is today's color palette:  Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango (also retiring), Cajun Craze, Basic Black, and Very Vanilla.

Hope your week is off to a great start.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Spencerian Alphabet, Rough Edges Alphabet
Ink:  Basic Black
Paper:  Island Indigo, Cajun Craze, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Whole Lot of Lovely & Painted Autumn DSPs
Accessories:  None

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

LOVE those colors. I really like that blue. I agree that it is too bad that it is being retired. I really like that.

P.S. When are you going to do your WEDDING book?!!! Of course you need these photos that I have. I think getting negatives from the photographer is a lost cause.

Tanya said...

I really like this! I like the DP choices and the strip going all the way across.