Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Sending Sunshine Via Hot Air Balloon

Mornin', y'all!  Last week I shared an umbrella card on a sunny day...well, today I've got a sunshine card and it's pouring down rain!  Apparently I'm meteorologically challenged.


But LOOK--the Wink of Stella on the die cut word actually shows up!  It's a miracle!

So this week's theme challenge from Global Design Project is all things sunshine:

So of course the first thing I thought of was the Sunshine Sayings stamp set and its matching Thinlits.  And then I thought of the hot air balloon.  And I decided to showcase two of the retiring colors:  Tempting Turquoise and Tangerine Tango.  Add in a healthy dose of Daffodil Delight and this is a super sunny card!

I also used this week's sketch from the Paper Players:


That's a classic sketch, love it.

Hope you have a great day!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sunshine Sayings
Ink;  Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango, Thick Whisper White, watercolor paper
Accessories:  Up & Away Thinlits, Sunshine Wishes Thinlits, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

YESSS, we have sunshine here in Texas! I did hear you had quite the storm headed your way. I am in hopes it has passed by the time you get ready for your travels.

LOVE the card. It brightened up my day. The colors are fabulous.

Have a wonderful day!

maria f. said...

Such fun - the layout, the colors, the bright sunny day feeling.

ElizStewart said...

Christy... love your balloon die! You brought it all together for such a fun card! Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players!