Thursday, April 5, 2018

Springy Butterfly

Good afternoon, friends!  I had a big nasty headache yesterday, but this morning I managed to get a card made to share today.


For a wonder, the Wink of Stella on the butterfly actually shows up somewhat!  So of course the Soft Sky sponging behind the butterfly doesn't show up as well.  My springy colors are courtesy of Fab Friday:

 And I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:

Just for good measure, I'll enter this over at Retro Rubber as well:


Watercolor Wings is almost 3 years old (I got it in July of 2015); Orange Blossom isn't quite a year old yet and of course Beautiful Peacock (where I got the teeny flowers) was from this year's Sale-a-Bration so it's pretty much new.

Okay, kiddo is running riot and angry that I won't feed him any more goldfish so I'd best attend to him before he starts chasing Sadie around again.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Watercolor Wings, Orange Blossom, Beautiful Peacock
Ink:  Soft Sky, Night of Navy, Powder Pink, So Saffron
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Naturally Eclectic DSP
Accessories:  Bold Butterfly Thinlits, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

4 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

Christy, this card is so pretty! I love how you added the washi tape from the sketch. We are always happy to see you in our gallery at Retro Rubber and hope to see you again soon.

Heather said...

Oh Christy, this looks awesome! The sparkle shows up GREAT on the butterfly. Love your paper choice on the columns, too - gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hi there Christy: I own this amazing Butterfly set and I don't use it nearly enough, shame on me.
But you have inspired me to get it out and ink it up again.
Love the awesome sparkle of your beautiful butterfly and the lovely detail of the DSP stripes.
Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play next time.
Hugs.

Katy McGloin said...

Christy, I did have to look twice for the blue behind the butterfly but it does show. This is one of those cards that should be seen in person!! Lovely colors and a great design. Hope you are feeling better! Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with Retro Rubber.