Friday, April 20, 2018

Fall Friday

Happy Friday, y'all!  I think I took a wrong turn in my craft room yesterday and ended up in October instead of April.  Or at least, my card did...


I know quite a few people with fall birthdays, so that's okay, just not really what I was expecting when I started to make it!  Painted Harvest is coming back in the new catalog (yay!) and the greeting is from Butterfly Basics, which is retiring.

Meet this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I made a one-layer card, but I think you can see the three elements on there pretty easily.  I also used this week's Color Throwdown:


I used Rose Red and Always Artichoke for the red and green, which is probably where the card veered off into fall territory, but I wanted to use some retiring colors (Chocolate Chip is retiring too).  I think the new colors Lovely Lipstick and Granny Apple Green would be good matches for this challenge, but alas, I don't have them yet.  I always love getting new colors to play with!

Kiddo and I are off to the store to see if we can get some eggs that aren't part of the salmonella recall.  Cheers, y'all!  And have a great weekend!

P.S.  I just discovered that Ryan (14 months old) likes English Breakfast tea.  Did I have a British child somehow?  ;)

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Harvest, Butterfly Basics
Ink:  Whisper White, Rose Red, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Crumb Cake
Accessories:  None

2 comments:

Tanya said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh i love this! I love how you've created this one layered card - I always struggle with one layer. You have totally nailed it! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!