Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Lots of Happy Card Kit, Part 1

Howdy, folks!  Ryan only took one nap yesterday and I don't like that schedule.  He wasn't unusually cranky or anything from missing his afternoon nap, I just like that time to do stuff without toddler "help", ya know?  I can't even load the dishwasher without him climbing all over it.

But anyway.  Over the weekend I put together the Lots of Happy card kit and then gave it to someone as a gift.  I made 20 cards total, 4 each of 5 designs, plus a card for the recipient; today I'm sharing the first two cards that were made pretty much like the sample pictures.


At first I wasn't really planning to use the vellum leaves because...I don't know, I guess I just don't "get" them?  But I did use them and I think the cards turned out pretty cute.  The kit comes with four watercolor pencils, but the Rich Razzleberry one turns out looking like a slightly purplish pink rather than actually being purple.  Oh well.


Those were the two A2 size card designs that came with the kit; it came with three smaller ones but those you couldn't send through the mail so I took the pieces and made them into regular size cards (which I'll share later).  This kit has some very pretty pieces but it was rather labor-intensive with all the coloring.  Still, the recipient liked it and that's what matters!

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lots of Happy
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  what came in the card kit
Accessories:  what came in the card kit

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Very, very pretty, Kik! I like them. I do like the boldness of the black and white stripes on the first one. They are very nice. I do like the vellum. Cute idea.

Tanya said...

These are pretty! I agree...a recent Paper Pumpkin kit had a lot of vellum flowers and leaves and I didn't love that part.
I will actually cry when naps are over...!