Thursday, April 12, 2018

Retiring: Magical Day & Seaside Shore

Mornin', y'all!  I was blessed with two good naptime crafting sessions yesterday (thank you Ryan) and it's a good thing because I had a slight dangit! moment.  I was halfway done making a card for a color challenge when I realized that I'd used the wrong green for the challenge.  I even had the colors written down right in front of me! #DUH Oh well, I ended up with two cards I like, so you'll see the wrong color card tomorrow.  Here's the second card I made:


Most of the stamp sets on the retiring list I am content to say goodbye to, but not Magical Day.  I love this set so much!  I wish it was carrying over just because I tend not to use a lot of retired stuff except for on scrapbook pages and I want to play lots more with this set.  Well, it will live forever in my collection.

The card base is Shimmery White, and I used very diluted Tranquil Tide to make a tranquil tide for my mermaid.


I've always got a cup of water with me, so I squished the ink pad into the lid to get a pool of ink, and then I poured a bit of water in the ink pad for an impromptu watercolor session.  I also keep a roll of paper towels in my craft room, so when I was done I just blotted the ink out of the ink pad lid.  No muss, no fuss!

Check out this week's sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping:


And the color challenge from the Paper Players:


You know I love me some Tranquil Tide, so I really don't know why I picked up Wild Wasabi instead on the first card I made (though for that card, Wild Wasabi worked better than Tranquil Tide would have...check back tomorrow to see it).  Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant are now retiring.  I'll be sad to see Elegant Eggplant go, but I do admit that the ink comes out so dark sometimes (especially with my ridiculously juicy ink pad) that it looks black.  We're getting two new purples to replace these two, and I can't wait to dive in to the new colors.

That's it for me today, y'all.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Magical Day, Seaside Shore
Ink:  Basic Black, Tranquil Tide, Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, retired skin tone Blendabilities
Paper:  Shimmery White, Wisteria Wonder, Delightful Daisy DSP
Accessories:  Magical Mates Framelits, Dimensionals

5 comments:

CCsMom said...

Wow, Chris, I really like this card. Very well done. LOVE the colors, so I'll be anxious to see the difference in the colors with tomorrow's card. Very nice. LOVE the effect of the watercolor background. Fits perfectly for the mermaid's watery home. LOVE IT!!!

LeAnne said...

So cute! Your little mermaid looks quite content in her Tranquil Tide ocean! Thanks for playing with my Paper Players challenge this week!

Jan Clothier said...

Great combination of challenges and also of stamps set. I love that little scallop shell stamp and am sorry to see it go. Sweet mermaid and a sea scene was a good way to use the challenge colours. Thanks for joining us again at The Paper Players.

stampwithsandy said...

How cute, Christie! I love your adorable mermaid, and your background is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

Natasha said...

Love this! Great idea using the shimmery white as a base to watercolor on! I am also bummed this set is not carrying over :(