Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Beautiful Day Again

Mornin', y'all!  Uh, today is not scrappy Tuesday.  I made two cards yesterday and I had to get one of them posted today before a challenge expired, so here we are.  And it's another Beautiful Day card!


I had already written up my blog post for yesterday's card when I saw the What Will You Stamp? challenge:


They've circled back to a stamp set I own so I can play along again!  They did Rooted in Nature a few weeks ago but alas, I just ordered that and I don't have it in my hot little hands yet.  Anyway, I noticed that two people on their design team used the butterfly, but no one used the flower so I inked up the flower in my set.  Plus I used the butterfly yesterday.

Here is the inspiration challenge from Just Add Ink:


I liked the soft colors and the flowers, so that's what I went with.  I'm liking Petal Pink more than I thought I would; it's got a peachy undertone that I thought I wouldn't like, but it looks pretty good paired with Soft Sea Foam and Sahara Sand, don't you think?

There's a sketch this week on Sunday Stamps:


I thought this sketch worked well with the oversized flower.

And finally, I'm going to enter this one at the Paper Players since it's another birthday card:



Okay, I should go rescue my kid from the playard.  He got banished there because he kept trying to run off with the dog's food bowl while poor doggo was trying to eat breakfast.  Gotta entertain the kid until it's time to go to the Y...cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Beautiful Day
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Petal Pink, Soft Sea Foam, So Saffron, Versamark
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Petal Pink, Soft Sea Foam
Accessories:  Clear EP, Dimensionals

12 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

So pretty! I love the colors and the stamping on the background. Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Heather said...

So soft and lovely - gorgeous color choices! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Such a pretty card! Your embossed flower and the colouring you've given it is just gorgeous. I have yet to buy this set, but the more I see it, the more I want it! Thanks for the inspiration and for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Tracy Elsom said...

What a beautiful card. Thanks for joining the What Will You Stamp? Challenge this week.

Chantell Randall said...

Petal Pink is quite Peachy isn't it? It's lovely and rich and I really love the sentiment, this is a lovely stamp set. I think you have covered all your challenges well. Chantell Just Add Ink

Jan said...

This is so pretty, Christy! I love the tone on tone background you’ve created to highlight your beautifully coloured bloom and the soft, and pretty colours you’ve used too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Sue Vine - MissPinksCraftSpot said...

Beautiful design, so soft and femine. Thanks for playing along with us again at WWYS this week

WWYS Blog said...

Love the color choice you selected for this card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at WWYS Challenge Blog!

Teresa Kline said...

so gorgoeus, luv the big ole bloom! I am so glad you played along with us at
sunday stamps!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Lisa said...

Great use of the sketch, that big flower is perfect!

Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love that bold flower and the tone-on-tone background you created Christy - the touches of gold add a touch of luxury too. Thank you for joining us for the Paper Players 400th birthday celebrations!

Monika Reeck said...

love how you used my sketch this time on Sunday Stamps
the main FLower looks soft and great colored too
sweet beautifully made
Many thanks for plying along with us at Sunday Stamps..See you again tomorrow :)
Hugs
Monika