Sunday, July 1, 2018

China: Arrival in Guilin

Mornin' again y'all!  We had a good week with my parents here and they left yesterday morning.  So now the kiddo is back to just running me and the hubs ragged and not his grandparents :p  I missed making cards for challenges this week though.

In any case, it's time for another China layout, and today we start the Guilin pages!  That was the favorite stop for three of us (I was so excited to see the terra cotta army in Xi'an that it was my favorite).  To start with I have an airport picture and some hotel pictures courtesy of Missy because I don't usually think to take hotel pictures.


She also took a pic of Chinese money.  It's not terribly often I do layouts with as few as four pictures (generally I'm trying to cram in at least eight), so this was a bit different for me.  It's got some open space but I think it turned out pretty well.


Today's color palette includes Always Artichoke (I've been using that for more scrapbook pages lately, and now it's retired), River Rock (which retired a while back, I thought I'd never like it but surprise, I do), Cajun Craze (not retired), Chocolate Chip (surprisingly retired), and Very Vanilla.  It seems like for a long time like 85% of my layouts used Whisper White, but as of late I've done quite a few with Very Vanilla.  Guess my color brain goes in cycles.

I'm in the middle of making waffles for my boys, so I'm going to go finish that up so we can eat a delicious breakfast.  Waffles with strawberries and whipped cream.  You're jealous, aren't you?

Cheers!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Rough Type, Etruscan
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, River Rock
Paper:  Always Artichoke, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Brocade Background DSP, Ski Slope DSP
Accessories:  Lettering template

No comments: