Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Hello Orchids

Mornin' y'all.  Man, kid has been doing his best HULK SMASH this week and I'm worn out.  Here's hoping that today goes better than yesterday.

So let's start the day with a card and new stamps!


I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with the Varied Vases stamp set (and coordinating punch, although I didn't use it for today's card).  I had to use a Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the scalloped "shelf", but other than that I was able to eyeball everything since it's a photopolymer stamp set.  And there's my Magical Mermaid speckles again, which I used here because I've seen (and owned) orchids with freckles.

I used the Fab Friday sketch:


I think my Tranquil Tide ribbon is retired, but oh well.  Everything else is current and I just needed something on that side of my card (I was going to skip the ribbon right up until the end of the creative process).

I also played along with this week's Just Us Girls trend:


I did a quick watercolor wash on watercolor paper and then hit it with my heat gun to dry it because I have no patience and I also have a 1-year-old who wakes up at the least opportune moment while I'm crafting.

Last up is the Sunday Stamps color challenge:


I read it as Basic Black, Tranquil Tide, Crumb Cake, and So Saffron.  I guess the last color would be a cross between Gray Granite and Whisper White but I concentrated on the other colors.  I also added a teeny pop of Berry Burst because my orchids needed it, and I've discovered that my Berry Burst ink pad is succumbing to the Dreaded Gold Sheen.  Dang it.

That's it for me today, y'all.  Have a good 'un!  And also happy birthday to my dad, who doesn't read this blog anyway :p

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Varied Vases, Magical Mermaid
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Tranquil Tide, So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Berry Burst
Paper:  Basic Black, So Saffron, Thick Whisper White, Watercolor paper
Accessories:  Layering Circles Framelits, retired Tranquil Tide ribbon, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Heather said...

Totally perfect - I'm loving this set, and your spare and perfect color placement really sings! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

Hah - and I totally missed that it's in our Sunday colors, too! Brilliant! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps, too!!

CCsMom said...

Very nice card, Kik. You don't have any orchids now, huh?

I will pass your greetings on to your dad, BTW. LOVE YOU!

Bobby said...

Very sweet card, Christy. I love the freckles. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

stampwithamyk said...

Oh, how pretty! Love the watercolor background, it really makes your vase stand out! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Amanda Mertz said...

Very nice design! I like the soft colors and the watercolored background. Very peaceful card! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!