Thursday, July 26, 2018

Pink Posy

Mornin', y'all.  I was SO tired yesterday, I really can't stay up late like I used to.  I even took a nap when I put the kiddo down for his nap yesterday, so that helped.  And I got myself up in time to squeeze in a card before we had to leave for swim lessons, and as an added bonus, I like how it turned out.


This is another card that I planned out while I was running (I did two miles yesterday, woo!).  I haven't used Painted Harvest in a while, or the Post Script background stamp, so it was nice to dust off both of those.  I used the color combo from Fab Friday:


Even some of the Fab Friday design team was saying that they had trouble figuring out how to incorporate the Mossy Meadow with the other colors.  I think the problem is that it's on the yellower side of the green spectrum, whereas Mint Macaron and Tranquil Tide are on the blue end.  The only Mossy Meadow on my card is stamped off twice to make it much much lighter, and it's on the flower center.  That flower center has some residual purple on it too--there's some Blackberry Bliss or Rich Razzleberry ink on that stamp that I just can't seem to get cleaned off, and it transferred when I stamped it with Mint Macaron here.  Maybe I need one of those cloth shammies...

Anyway, I also used the sketch from Fusion:


I think the color combination kinda jives with the Fusion inspiration photo too.  My circular element isn't in the center like in the sketch, but I think the challenge gods will allow me a bit of leeway with that ;) I liked that this sketch is different from most of the ones I've seen--I like that layer below the circular element.  To make mine, I cut a rectangle of cardstock slightly narrower than a circle die, then ran it through the Big Shot on one end only so it cut only the bottom off the rectangle.

Hope you have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Harvest, Post Script
Ink:  Mint Macaron, Tranquil Tide, Powder Pink, Mossy Meadow, Whisper White
Paper:  Mint Macaron, Tranquil Tide, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Layering Circles Framelits, leaf punch, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, I love hearing the details of how you constructed this card - and your use of the colors came out AWESOME, lol. You sure made it look a lot more effortless than I found it, you're right! That harvest blossom is perfect for this - I so love how this came together! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

CCsMom said...

LOVE the colors!!! Very pretty card.

Karren said...

Beautiful card and such a wonderful sentiment! I love how you were inspired by our challenge! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.