Friday, July 27, 2018

Target Inspiration

Happy Friday, y'all!  I've got a bright and cheery card to help us coast into the weekend.


Last week I saw a cup at Target that said "Squeeze the day" on it, and I actually wrote the phrase down on a Post-It Note stuck to the Lemon Zest stamp case so I'd remember it the next time I came across a good sketch to use it.  And happily for me, Freshly Made Sketches delivered one this week:


My orange was inked up with Mango Melody and then I used a sponge dauber to apply some Pumpkin Pie ink to the outer edges.  And then once I had it on my card front, I put some Wink of Stella on it to give it a bit of citrus shine.  I'm seriously loving the Tropical Escape DSP.  I liked this polka dot pattern to kind of coordinate with the weathered look on the stamps.

Hope you have a great Friday, folks.  Here in a little bit I'll be heading off to the gym to go run and then do yoga.  The lady who teaches my pilates and yoga classes told me on Wednesday that she can tell I'm getting stronger.  Always nice when someone else can tell you've been working hard!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lemon Zest, Labeler Alphabet
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie, Shaded Spruce
Paper:  Mango Melody, Thick Whisper White, Tropical Escape DSP
Accessories:  1 3/4" circle punch, Everyday Label punch, Lemon Builder punch, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

HOW CUTE!!! I LOVE this! So punny! Love the colors, too. It's just a super, cheery card. Great job, Kik!

I can usually tell if someone has been working out for a period of time -- they carry themselves differently. Maybe the shoulders are back more or there's an extra spring in their step, but it is evident. GOOD JOB! Me, not so much. Sigh.

Kim S said...

LOVE the cheerful card with your fun sentiment! The orange is just perfect in Mango and Pumpkin!! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.