Friday, August 10, 2018

All the Stars

Mornin' kids and happy Friday!  Hope your day is off to a good start.

As for me, I got to play with some new stamps yesterday while my kiddo was napping, so that's good :D


The stamps are from the set Little Twinkle, which also has the coordinating Twinkle Twinkle DSP (which I used here) and a punch (which I didn't use this time).  I stamped some smaller stars on the Bermuda Bay strip and I just now noticed that you can't hardly see any of them.  Well, oops.  Anyway, I lovelovelove the patterned paper in that set and this is my first time cutting into it.  And lookit me using Gray Granite twice in one week!

Check out the latest Fab Friday sketch:


And this week's Color Throwdown:


I used Gray Granite, Bermuda Bay, and Petal Pink as my colors, though I think Blushing Bride would have matched the swatch a bit better.  But I think the challenge gods will forgive me for using a different pink ;) Plus I'm still kinda obsessing over Petal Pink.

Alright kids.  I'm off to yoga to breathe and tie myself in knots :) Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Little Twinkle
Ink:  Gray Granite, Bermuda Bay
Paper:  Gray Granite, Bermuda Bay, Thick Whisper White, Twinkle Twinkle DSP
Accessories:  Layering Circles Framelits, Basic Adhesive-Backed Sequins, Dimensionals

5 comments:

CCsMom said...

Very pretty colors! Have you ever seen the show "Making it"? It is a contest between crafters of all different mediums. They are given a theme and told to make something from it. Last night, the 2nd show, they were to make a terrarium that reminded them of where they came from and children's tent and toy to match. So you have a man who is really into paper crafting, a woman that does soft sculpture, a guy who works with felt. See where I'm going with this? It is MC'd by Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman (who IS a crafter). They eliminate one person every week. The judges -- one is from Etsy, I believe and the other has created a New York City store's windows for 25 years. You need to check it out. Comes on NBC on Tuesday nights. Pretty cool. But your blog reminds me of that. Google it!

Heather said...

So pretty - great way to deal with these colors - they would have stumped me for sure, lol. I'm slowly realizing I might need this stamp set - I only got the paper, but this sentiment is just teh bomb, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

stampwithamyk said...

Love this! The colors are just perfect, Bermuda Bay is the perfect complement with gray and pink! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Broni said...

Great use of the colors, Christy! Thank you so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

Amanda Mertz said...

What a sweet card! I love all the little stars and hearts! Even with the patterns it still has a nice crisp clean feel to it! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!