Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Retro Rubber Tropical Friend

Hey y'all!  I was asked to be a guest designer for Retro Rubber this week, so exciting!  And it's a tic-tac-toe challenge:


And here's my card:


I did the diagonal from top left to bottom right:  die cut, green, and leaves.  The sentiment is from Suite Sentiments (1.5 years old) and the flower is from Bodacious Bouquet (11 years old) so nice and retro.  I paired them with the brand-new Tropical Chic (the border stamp) and Tropical Escape DSP (my favorite!).  I saw that sentiment stamp a week or two ago when I was looking for something else and I thought hey, I should use that sometime soon.  So here it is.

Go check out the Design Team's work on the Retro Rubber Challenge blog and give it a try!  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Suite Sentiments, Bodacious Bouquet, Tropical Chic
Ink:  Shaded Spruce, Lovely Lipstick, Granny Apple Green
Paper:  Lovely Lipstick, Granny Apple Green, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes Framelits, Glitter Enamel Dots, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

What a wonderful card, Christy! I really love how you combined all of these great stamps!! The DSP really works well with that flower. Thank you for being our Guest Designer for this challenge and hope you can join us again soon. We always love seeing you in our gallery!

CCsMom said...

LOVE the colors. Very upbeat card -- cheerful!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Christy and thank you for being our Guest Designer over at RETRO RUBBER, we are delighted to have you.
Your card is so fresh and beautiful, love the awesome DSP as your background and your sweet little die cut flower, the sentiment's font is fabulous.
Thanks again for joining my teammates and I in our gallery.
Hope you see you back soon.
Hugs.

Jan Clothier said...

Christy, I'm so pleased to have you join us as Guest Designer this week. I love this card! Isn't it so good when you can mix and match your old stuff with your new stuff? Great design and an all round great card.

Ruth M said...

A gorgeous card Christy, what a great mix of retro and brand new goodies and the flower really pops off the sentiment oval! Ruth M x

creative lady said...

Hi Christy, congrats on being a guest designer at Retro Rubber. As always your card is beautiful, I love the DSP and the sentiment is lovely. Please come back again soon!