Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Blackberry Frost

Mornin' y'all!  I had a headache yesterday and didn't particularly feel like working in my craft room, so I just sat there and stared at stamps for probably a good five minutes and then I got an eye-dear (idea) and I made a card and I'm glad I stayed in there for a bit while the kiddo was sleeping.  Behold!


Here's my second card with First Frost (so is this second frost?) and I like it better.  And also meet the Frosted Floral Specialty DSP, which has a lovely pearl sheen to it which is why it reflected the camera flash a bit when I took the picture.  And I used the coordinating Frosted Bouquet Framelits to cut out the flowers and leaves...the leaves are actually part of a larger stamp, I just snipped off the bits I wanted to use here.

I used the Global Design Project CASE the Designer challenge as my starting point:


I used the same basic layout, some flowers, and a shade of purple, but the holiday catalog has a couple of DSP options with Blackberry Bliss patterns and I'm in love with them and that's why I went with that shade of purple.  (And then I chose a pattern that doesn't have purple on it, but the rest of the stack does!)

And here's a picture to make you giggle:


This is my girl Sadie 12 years ago, the one and only time she decided to attack toilet paper.  The next scrapbook layout I plan to make will feature this little miscreant and her TP adventure :)

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  First Frost
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss, Tranquil Tide
Paper:  Blackberry Bliss, Tranquil Tide, Thick Whisper White, Frosted Floral Specialty DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes Framelits, Frosted Bouquet Framelits, Dimensionals

No comments: