Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Finally....A Pink Elephant

Mornin', y'all!  I mentioned last week that I reallyreallyreally wanted to do a pink elephant card and at long last, my friends, that day has come.


The Global Design Project color challenge this week features pink in the form of Flirty Flamingo, so I just had to make a pink elephant card.


I paired that with the Paper Players sketch challenge:


I made the Daffodil Delight strip 1" wide, the flower strip is 1 1/2" wide, and the bottom strip is 2" wide.  That "dirt" strip was way more trouble than it should have been, this was the third try to get something I liked.  I had wanted to stamp the sentiment on the card base with the peekaboo circle on the "dirt" strip, but somehow I got some fuzz in my ink or something and it didn't look right.  Luckily I had the circle I'd cut out of the strip so I just stamped the sentiment on that instead, but like I said, it was more trouble than it had to be.

Hope y'all have a good day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  A Little Wild, Touches of Texture
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo, Soft Suede, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo
Accessories:  Little Loves & Layering Circles Framelits, Dimensionals

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

How sweet! Cute card to welcome a baby girl! Perfect.

LeAnne said...

Aw, so cute! I love this color combo too, it's sweet the way you used it! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

Annie S. said...

Cute baby card and wonderful recovery for the sentiment! Thanks for playing along over at The Paper Players this week!